Sunday, November 25, 2007

When I recently ask Mrs. Himes’ six period English class what the best color hair was, I was shocked by the results. The choices for the hair color are brown/black, blonde, red hair, and dirty blonde. The winner of the hair colors was Brown/Black, with the total of 8 votes, tied for second was Dirty Blonde and Red Hair, with 4 votes each, and last place was Blonde, with only 2 votes. When I saw the results I wondered why brown/black was the number one choice. I came to two conclusions, one of those conclusions was that it gave two options, black colored hair and brown colored hair. Secondly, I thought that most of the votes would be based on what color the hair the voter had, so in this case the majority of the voters either had black or brown hair. Then I wondered why blonde was last place? I decided that blonde could have gotten the least amount of votes because not to many people have completely blonde hair; many might have a mix, which is where the dirty blonde option came into play. The final conclusion from both the graph and the poll shows that brown/black hair had the most amount of votes and is the best hair color based on the opinions of Mrs. Himes’ six period English class.

2 comments:

Gabriella Chavez said...

Hey Sadie,
I liked your chart and I can understand what you mean by saying that a persons favorite hair color is probably their own. That was a really good poll question. Great Job! :)

Gabriella Chavez said...

Hey Sadie,
Today in Mrs. Himes class, she changed the homework after you left. In your Writer's Choice book you need to do exercise 5 on page 487. Ok, well I hope you do good on your game. Good Luck! :)